With reports of compulsive sexual behavior, commonly referred to as "sex addiction" at an all time high, therapists are receiving the desperate calls and emails from hurting spouses and partners who have been betrayed. As such, it is vital for clinicians to provide a comprehensive treatment plan that addresses the specific recovery needs of these clients.
Mari A. Lee, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, and Certified Sex Addiction Therapist is a leading expert, CSAT Supervisor, national speaker, trainer and co-author of, “Facing Heartbreak: Steps to Recovery for Partners of Sex Addicts.”
Mari is recognized for her ground breaking clinical work with both straight and gay spouses and partners, as well as her work with sexually disordered and compulsive clients. Additionally, she specializes as a consultant for fellow clinicians interested in treating this unique group of clients.
This 6-hour workshop covers a wealth of information including: clinical case examples, basic sex addiction 101, specific treatment tasks in early partner recovery, partner tools, along with small group practice exercises for workshop participants. Therapists will walk away with first tools to begin using in their agency or practice.
Kind Words from Workshop Participants
If you would like to hear what other professionals are saying about Mari's presentations, please click here!
Therapists can expect to learn information in the following key areas that are critical to treating partners and spouses of sex addicts, and will walk away with important tools and exercises to help the partners they see in their practice:
- Is Sex Addiction Real?
- Traumatic Impact on Partners: Don’t just call me co-dependent!
- Crisis Management: Self Care, Suicide & Sexual Safety
- Communicating: When threats and crying no longer work
- Who to Tell and What to Share: Critical next steps for partners
- A Community of Support: How to help the partner out of shame and hiding
- Formal Disclosure: How to prepare the partner for clinical disclosure
- Reclaiming Healthy Sexuality: Helping the partner heal their sexual wounds
- Group Therapy: Group set up and forms, advertising, successful facilitation, structure and curriculum
- The Importance of Team Work: Adjunct therapy for partners and spouses
- Mindfulness Work for Clients: Healing the mind, body and spirit
- Self care for the Clinician: Incorporating balance and connection in the intense work of sexual recovery therapy
In addition, participants will receive your own copy of Facing Heartbreak: Steps to Recovery for Partners of Sex Addicts. This is an Amazon 5 star reviewed workbook for partners and spouses that can be useful to clinicians and clients alike.