Meet Mari - The Counselor's Coach
Helping you achieve your practice & business goals with focused tools & support is what I do best!
Quick Professional Overview
Greetings, my name is Mari A. Lee, LMFT, CSAT-S, and I am glad you are here! Choosing a qualified business coach is an important decision in your career, and I'd like to share a quick bit of info about my professional experience and how I can support you and your business:
- I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist, and the Founder of Growth Counseling Services, Inc. in Glendora, California.
- I have owned and operated two other profitable businesses of my own, and have formerly worked in Corporate America managing fund raising for organizations across the US, as well as leading writing and graphic design teams.
- Additionally, I am a 5 star Amazon best selling author, a popular national speaker, and have created a successful line of e-books and products.
- Now in my 50's I am passionate about helping other counselors, coaches and small business owners grow their businesses and bring experience, skills, and focused support to guide you.
- You are welcome to connect with me at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a coaching, consulting or CSAT Supervision appointment. You can also learn more about my coaching and consulting services and journey below.
Mari's Professional Journey - From Foster Care Kid to Successful Business Owner
Choosing a business coach is a very important investment into your business. And while there are many people in the world calling themselves "coaches and consultants" unfortunately, some of these individuals have very little in the way of qualifications, business authority, a successful fee for service counseling practice, or life experience. As such, I believe that transparency is key and would like to take a moment to share a snap shot of my professional and personal journey with you here...
Like every person, I have had my successes and challenges in life. I do not share the following information to toot my own horn, rather, I offer this timeline for transparency sake. I believe that in order to be a successful coach, you actually need to have operated successful businesses, and have life experience to bring to the table with coaching clients.
Here is my at-a-glance professional story:
- I spent my early years in foster care, and dealt with many abuses and poverty.
- At 16 years old I left to venture into the world all on my own with nothing more that a pillowcase of clothing and a large stuffed Kangaroo with $700 of babysitting money hidden inside. Within one year, and after working at three different jobs, I moved to Maui.
- At 18 years old I attended a one year Cosmetology Program with no car, no family support, and very little money. I attended school 8 hours during the day, and worked at a fast food restaurant until midnight each night. With hard work, early therapy and healing, resiliency and determination, prayer, the occasional kindness of others, and good old fashioned elbow grease - I put myself through college with zero student loans or financial help.
- I went on to create my first profitable business by 21 years of age.
- I was then offered a position managing a graphic design department for a top tier financial investment company at 25 years old. I was with this company, consistently growing and learning about finance and business until I was 30 years old.
- I purchased my first home when I was 29 years old and have never once had to borrow on that home, a home that I still own to this day.
- I created a fashion product at 30 which took the media by storm and allowed me to pay for my first car in cash, and launch a design business.
- I left Corporate America at 31 to start my second very successful business, Eden Design & Interiors which I owned and operated at a profit for 7 years.
- At 38 I was offered a corporate position managing fund raising and multi million dollar budgets for rescue missions across the country, traveling extensively throughout the US while managing a professional team.
- I returned to college at 40 to complete my undergraduate work, and I did this while working full time, on my own dime with zero student loans (side note: not that there is a single thing wrong with student loans if that is how you funded your education).
- I attended a Domestic Violence Certification program and was awarded my certification at 43.
- I wrote my 200 page thesis by 44 which later became the foundation for a best selling book.
- At 44 I was also accepted into the distinguished CSAT Certification Program with the International Institute of Trauma and Addiction Professionals and trained directly under founder Dr. Patrick Carnes.
- I graduated with my Master's Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy at the top of my class at 45 years of age, and was asked to give the commencement speech for our graduating class at the prestigious Pasadena Civic Center (the home of many top Hollywood award shows).
- At 45 I also received my Certification in Sex Addiction through IITAP.
- At 48, and after 3 years of intensive clinical internships, and passing two grueling exams the first time, I received my License to practice Marriage and Family Therapy in the State of California.
- I then founded Growth Counseling Services, Inc. a fee for service only private practice center in Glendora, California and consistently have an average of 6-8 week wait list for counseling sessions.
- I started my coaching business 5 years ago and now have an average of a 4-6 week wait list for all coaching sessions.
- At 49 I received my first major speaking and presenting opportunity for $5,000. 4 months later, my second $5,000 speaking opportunity was offered. Both organizations shared that the feedback on my presentation was the best they had ever received.
- At 51 I was certified through the prestigious International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals as a CSAT supervisor. And I have provided consulting for therapists all over the world including clients in Great Britain, Canada and South Africa.
- At 53 I trademarked my brand, "The Resiliency Rebel" and am now writing my 3rd book on creating abundance and over coming great odds through resiliency and healing.
And now in my 50's, I have over 25 years of pre-clinical business experience and have held executive positions in Corporate America. And...the adventure only continues!
Thank you for taking the journey with me through my professional achievements.
Now, let's put the focus fully on YOU, your professional goals, and how I can be of service. I would love to hear about where you are currently in your career and where you would like to be in one year from now!